Thirty-seven percent of Americans mistake dehydration for hunger. They eat when they should drink.
You should drink a number of fluid ounces equal to half your body weight. For example, a 200-pound man should drink 100 ounces (about 13 cups) per day; a 120-pound woman should drink 60 ounces (about 8 cups) per day.
Pregnant women should drink a minimum of 80 to 104 fluid ounces per day.
Physical activity increases the need for hydration.
Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes requires at least 16 fluid ounces of rehydration.
Workouts longer than 30 minutes require at least 24 fluid ounces of rehydration.
Water should be consumed before, during, and after each workout.
Caffeine has a dehydrating effect.
Coffee, tea, and many soft drinks contain large amounts of caffeine.
Drinking caffeinated beverages do not hydrate the body.
For every cup of caffeinated beverage, you should drink an additional two cups of water to counteract the dehydrating effects of caffeine beverage.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
About pH and ORP
Drinking water should have a negative ORP measurement.
The value of ORP quantifies the amount of energy in water by numbering electrons.
ORP values are expressed as millivolts, or mV.
Drinking water should have a negative mV number of at least -50mV.
Water with an ORP of -50mV will have enough negative ions to attract and neutralize excess acids
Drinking water should have a pH level at or above 9.5.
pH is the measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution. First introduced by Danish chemist S. P. L. Sørensen in 1909, pH stands for “power of hydrogen.”
Pure water at 25 °C has an equal concentration of dissolved hydrogen ions (H+) and hydroxide ions (OH-) and is considered “neutral.”
pH measures the concentration of hydrogen and hydroxide ions on a scale from 0 to 14, with 7.0 considered neutral.
Solutions with a pH level below 7.0 are acids.
Solutions with a pH level above 7 are bases (alkaline).
The healthy human body contains both acids and bases. The organs maintain the pH of arterial blood between 7.35 and 7.45. To counteract the amount of acids consumed by eating, drinking, and breathing, the body will take alkaline substances from body parts, such as bone. By drinking alkaline water, you are able to counteract the intake of acids and help the body regulate its pH in a more healthy way.
Acidity in the Body
The human body creates acid, all day, every day, as a byproduct of metabolism. In addition, acid is introduced into the system through eating and digestion. Many secreted and digested acids are swept away by the blood stream, filtered out by the kidneys, and released from the body in the urine. Other acids leave the body through perspiration. Your body can only process a certain amount of acids, however, so it is possible to overload the system and for the body to become acidic.
The modern diet is extremely acidic.
- Meat, including beef, pork, chicken and turkey are acidic.
- Dairy such as milk, butter and cheese are acidic.
- Grains such as rice and barley are acidic.
- Beverages such coffee, tea, and soft drinks are very acidic.
- Fruit and fruit juices contain high concentrations of acid.
- Simple carbohydrates such as potatoes, pasta, and bread contain large amounts of acids.
Acidity in the body is related to disease
- Acid reflux is a painful condition that occurs when acidic stomach liquid backs up (refluxes) into the esophagus, causing irritation, inflammation and damage to the lining of the esophagus
- High cholesterol occurs when the body produces excessive amounts of cholesterol to neutralise large amounts of acids in the blood stream before they damage living cells.
- Heart disease is the result of a build-up of cholesterol in the coronary arteries that reduces the blood flow to the heart muscle. As stated above, cholesterol forms to product the arterial wall from acidity in the blood.
- Fat is produced by the body to trap and neutralise acidic waste in the body. As Dr. Robert O. Young, author of The pH Miracle for Weight Loss, puts it, “The body retains fat as a protection against the overproduction of acids produced by the typical American diet….Your fat is actually saving your life.”
- Inflammatory related diseases such as allergies, arthritis, fibromyalgia, psoriasis, and even stroke are related to low-grade metabolic acidosis.
- Drinking alkaline water can help restore the body’s pH balance, reduce acidity and promote detoxification.
Alkaline Water Benefits
Restores the pH balance in the body.
Alkaline water can neutralize the acidity of the body caused by stress, modern diet, air pollution, and many bottled waters. A higher pH in the body reduces the need for fat and cholesterol to protect the body from damaging acids.
Alkaline water is negatively charged and an “antioxidant.” Antioxidants reduce cellular and DNA damage caused by free radicals.
Negatively charged alkaline water creates energy by giving up ions to positive ions.
Alkaline water tastes lighter with a pleasantly sweet flavor.
Improves the body’s absorption of essential nutrients
Improves body function by cleaning your cells from the inside out.
Using water with a higher pH level improves the taste of beverages and food.
Improves your immune system function to help you fight diseases.
Cooking with alkaline water improves the taste and quality of foods and using acidic
water when boiling eggs improves their quality. Provides superior hydration and nutrition at the cellular level.
Ionization breaks clusters of water molecules into smaller micro-clusters, reducing the size of the clusters from the 11-16 molecules in standard water to just 5-6 molecules in ionized water. Smaller clusters pass through cell walls more easily and hydrate the cells more quickly.
Faster hydration allows the body to regulate its temperature more efficiently.
Micro-clusters of mineral-bearing ionized water also deliver nutrients more efficiently to the cells. Detoxifies cells more efficiently than standard drinking water.
Due to their smaller size, micro-clusters of ionized water molecules are expelled from the cells more efficiently, carrying damaging toxins out of the cells and flushing them out of the system.
The negative charge of ionized alkaline water will attract the positive ions of acids and neutralize them within the body
For more information please go to www.lifeionizer.com/herbsplus